Spectrem® 2 is a high-performance, single-component, neutral-cure, medium-modulus silicone sealant. Spectrem 2 is ideal for a variety of perimeter caulking and glazing applications, including 2-sided structural glazing. Spectrem 2 may be used on substrates such as aluminum, glass, steel, painted metal, plastic, stone, concrete and brick.
- With medium modulus, can be used as a structural tensile bead and weather sealant.
- Offering excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates including glass and metal, a single product can be used for a variety of applications on the same job from 2-sided structural glazing to perimeter caulking and joint filling.
- Resistance to driving rain, ozone, ultraviolet light, and temperature extremes safeguards against water penetration with exceptional weatherability in all climate zones.
- Wide variety of colors to choose from with custom colors and color matching also available for a particular project.
- No mixing required, so product is always ready to use for immediate application with conventional caulking equipment.
- Greenguard Gold certification ensures safety for use in the most sensitive indoor environments including hospitals and schools.
Spectrem 2 meets or exceeds the requirements of the following specifications:
- ASTM C920 Type S, Grade NS, Class 50, Use NT, M, G, A and O
- ASTM C1248 Standard Test Method for Staining of Porous Substrate by Joint Sealants
- ASTM C1184 Standard Specifications for Structural Silicone Sealants
- U.S. Federal Specification TT-S-001543A (COM-NBS) Class A
- CAN/CGSB 19.13-M87
- U.S. Federal Specification TT-S-00230C (COM-NBS) Class A, Type II
- Black meets all of AAMA 802.3-92 (Type I and II), 805.2-94 (Group C), and 808.3-92
- Conforms to ASTM C1184 Use G and O (Aluminum)