Mulco Butyl is a Butyl rubber architectural one component sealing compound for exterior multipurpose. Dries by solvent evaporation.
- No mixing or primer required
- No staining of surrounding surfaces
- Can be applied on vertical or horizontal, overhanging surfaces without subsiding or sagging
- Remains flexible even at lower temperature
- Withstands weathering
- Good ultraviolet resistance
- Compatible with Preserved Wood Foundation (PWF) requirements
- Allows a joint movement up to ± 15% of the original width
- Does not require painting, however it can be painted over 24 hours after application (latex paint).
- Used to seal outdoor joints between two perpendicular surfaces subject to thermal movements
- For sealing joints around door and window frames, sidings
- Good adhesion on many surfaces such as natural, painted or anodized aluminum, painted or stained wood, concrete or masonry
- Can be used as bedding secondary seals or hidden join