Dow Corning 982
Dow Corning 982 Silicone Insulating Glass Sealant is a two-part silicone sealant. As supplied, the base component, Dow Corning 982 Silicone Insulating Glass Sealant-Base, is a smooth, white paste. The curing agent component, Dow Corning® 2-Part Curing Agent, is a pourable liquid available in black or gray. Once mixed at the proper base-to-curing agent ratio, the material cures to a durable, high-modulus, flexible silicone seal that is chemically stable.
Dow Corning 982 Silicone Insulating Glass Sealant retains design properties and maintains adhesion to substrates, keeping insulated glass seals weatherproof, after years of exposure.
- Cures to form a durable, long-lasting, high-modulus, flexible, weather tight bond
- Meets ASTM C-1369 Specification for Structurally Glazed Insulating Glass Units
- Excellent unprimed adhesion to glass and metal substrates, such as galvanized steel and aluminum
- Consistently nonslump, permitting automated glazing
- 12 month shelf life from date of manufacture
- Noncorrosive byproducts
- Low shrinkage (<5 percent)
- Two-part silicone sealant