Dow Corning 758 Silicone Sealant
Dow Corning® 758 Weather Barrier Sealant is a one part, neutral cure silicone. It easily extrudes and cures at room temperature by reaction with moisture in the air to form a durable, flexible rubber seal.
This medium modulus sealant is specially designed for the weathersealing of weather resistant
barriers where low movement is anticipated, such as window and door frames and wall penetrations.
- Excellent adhesion to a wide range of building materials, including polymeric surfaces that are traditionally difficult to adhere to, such as peel and stick weather resistant barriers
- Priming not required on most surfaces
- Usable over wide temperature range
- Adheres to many polyethylene film based weather resistant barriers
- Adheres to many spun-bonded polyolefin and fibrous or woven air barriers
- Adheres to many other sealing elements such as flashing or elastomeric liquid applied weather barriers
- Adheres to many common fenestration element materials such as anodized aluminum, vinyl, PVC, powder coat, paint and fluoropolymer coatings
- UV resistant
- Movement capability of +/- 25% in a properly designed joint
- One part RTV, neutral-cure silicone sealant