Dow Corning 756 Sealant
Dow Corning 756 SMS Building Sealant is a medium-modulus elastomeric sealant specifically designed for weatherproofing sensitive porous stone and metal panel substrates. Its proprietary formulation produces a sleek finish, which reduces to reduce residue rundown, and substrate staining and adheres unprimed to porous and non-porous substrates.
Dow Corning 756 SMS Building Sealant cures to a flexible elastomer on exposure to atmospheric moisture, producing a durable, weather-resistant seal with the ability to form strong bonds with most building materials. Because of its medium modulus and good adhesion, it provides excellent weatherproofing performance in dynamically moving building joints.
- Cures to form a unique sleek, dry matte finish surface
- Improved aesthetic performance reduces long-term residue rundown on metal panels and reflective glass or staining on porous substrates
- Good working and tooling time
- All-temperature gunnability from 29 to 50°C (-20 to 122°F), permitting application in all seasons
- Medium modulus, high movement capability – can accommodate ±50 percent movement in a properly designed joint
- Unprimed adhesion to most glass, brick, granite and fluoropolymer painted substrates; primed adhesion to other common construction substrates, such as marble, limestone and concrete
- Excellent weatherability non- reverting silicone durability
- Compatible with open-cell polyurethane, closed-cell polyethylene and nongassing polyolefin backer rods
- One-part, pre-pigmented, neutral-cure sealant