Dow Corning 123 Strip
Dow Corning 123 Silicone Seal is a preformed, ultra-low modulus silicone extrusion that is bonded to substrates using Dow Corning® 791 Silicone Perimeter Sealant or Dow Corning® 795 Silicone Building Sealant.1 Easy-to-install Dow Corning 123 Silicone Seal can be used in both new and remedial construction applications.
Dow Corning 123 Silicone Seal is available in the following standard colors: black, white, grey, bronze, limestone and sandstone. This product is also available in custom colors (1000 linear feet [305 m] minimum).
The same color of Dow Corning 791 or 795 Silicone Sealant should be used to bond the seal to the substrate.In addition to standard and custom colors, Dow Corning 123 Silicone Seal is also available in a textured finish. The color or texture can also be altered at the job site using Dow Corning® AllGuard Silicone Elastomeric Coating.
In addition to custom colors, Dow Corning 123 Silicone Seal is also available in custom extrusions with grooves to facilitate bending and dimensional shapes. These shapes may be custom designed to fit mullion and window systems and to work with the flat strips to provide improved aesthetics as well as maximum weatherproofing protection. Contact
- Economical, high-performance alternative to cutting-out and recaulking existing failed weather-proofing sealants
- Extremely low-modulus alternative to wet sealants
- High-movement seal capable of +200/-75 percent joint movement
- High-shear movement seal capable of handling specified live loads, wind sway and seismic movements in a properly designed joint
- SWRI-validated performance
- Ability to provide a complete weatherseal system when used with Dow Corning® AllGuard Silicone Elastomeric Coating
- Excellent compatibility with Dow Corning® 3-5000 Silicone Roof Coating
- Available in custom designs to allow easier application and smoother transitions
- Available in matte and textured finish (similar to EIFS)
- Preformed silicone elastomer extrusion