Blueskin SA is a self-adhering membrane consisting of an SBS rubberized asphalt compound which is integrally laminated to a blue engineered thermoplastic film. Blueskin SA is specifically designed to be self-adhered to a prepared substrate, providing an air/vapour/water barrier.
- SBS modified membrane, flexible at low temperatures
- Impermeable to air, moisture vapour and water
- Assemblies of Blueskin SA, primer and sealant meet ASTM E-2357 air barrier performance standard
- Thickness controlled at point of manufacture
- Excellent adhesion to prepared substrates of concrete, concrete block, primed steel, aluminum mill finish,anodized aluminum, galvanized metal, gypsum board and plywood
- Excellent compatibility with most Bakor adhesives and liquid air barrier membranes
- Self-gasketing when penetrated and under compression with self-tapping screws
Blueskin SA is designed for use as a self-adhered sheet air and vapour barrier. Its principal application is on walls of either masonry, concrete or gypsum board. It can also be used as a transition sheet in conjunction with Bakor Liquid Membranes where greater movement is anticipated, due to its high strength. Blueskin SA is also used for tying into metal on curtain walls, windows and door frames.